Monday, March 25, 2013

Back to Basics

Sometimes my creative juices just are not flowing.  I can spend hours staring at a piece of cardstock trying to squeeze an ounce of creativity out of my brain.  But, still, nothing!

Recently I was looking through a binder I had started three years ago when I first became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  In this binder I collected samples of cards and projects I did for workshops, clubs, etc. As I was flipping through this binder I came across a very simple but elegant card I'd done.  I could feel my juices bubbling in my brain, and the wheels turning.  In no time at all, I created a similar card, just with different colors and a different technique (heat embossing)  and  VOILA....a new card design to share.

So, if you are struggling for a card design or even a scrapbook layout, get back to the basics.  Sometimes we can be inspired by something we've done years ago.  Good luck finding your inspiration and Happy Stamping : )  By the way, I'm sure this card design came from another persons brain, I just don't know who that is.  Sorry : (


Supplies used
Basic Gray Cardstock
Basic Black Cardstock
Summer Starfruit Cardstock
Versa Mark ink pad
Black Embossing Powder
Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die
Floral Fusion Sizzlits
Pearl Basic Jewels
*Retired Ribbon
*Retired Stamp Set

No comments:

Post a Comment