Friday, January 27, 2017

Busy Little Bee

Tomorrow is my Open House to kick start my business (again).  So, I've been a very busy little bee this week making several samples to display. I'm having such a good time experimenting with all the new stamp sets I've recently ordered from the 2017 Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs.  I'm having a blast!!!  




For this card I used Designer Series Paper, Cupcakes & Carousels, for the background.  This is actually the 6" x 6" paper stack.  It has 48 sheets: 4 each of 12 double-sided designs.  So many nice colors to work with in this pack.


I also created my own background on this banner piece using old olive ink and the "grid" stamp from the Timeless Textures stamp set in our current annual catalog. And then I smudged old olive ink around the edges as well.   I especially like how matting each layer with basic black cardstock makes each one stand out individually. Very pleased with how this card turned out.  

What's been keeping you busy this week?

*The design for this card came from a card sketch I found on Mojo Monday blog.  Lots of good sketches there.


My project supply list:

Cardstock: Basic Black, So Saffron, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Designer Series Paper: Cupcakes & Carousels paper stack
Stamps: Timeless Textures, Dragonfly Dreams
Ink Pads: Old Olive, Basic Black
Misc: Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Rhinestones, Stampin Dimensionals
  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment