Thursday, August 9, 2012

Enjoying Life Outside My Comfort Zone

     Once again I was encouraged to step outside my comfort zone.  My friend insisted I join her in a scrapbook layout challenge.  That may not seem like suck a big deal to some, but I'm not really a big fan of 12 x 12 layouts.  I only do them when I'm preparing for a Stampin' Up! scrapbook workshop.  And even then I feel so out of my element that I stress over it for weeks.  I never ever do them for myself, for personal use that is.  Until today.....  My friend insisted that I do one, and would not take no for an answer.  I finally gave in, but not without some serious kickin' and screamin'.  
     What a blessing my friend was to me today.  Not only did I enjoy working on the 2 page layout, but I also enjoyed the outcome.

       The Designer Series Paperpack I used is called Comfort Cafe'(#126898) and the cardstock colors I used were Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Summer Starfruit, and Midnight Muse.  Then I also used the Scallop Edge Border Punch (#119882) and Summer Starfruit 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (#126846).  On either end of the pages I embossed with VersaMark and Clear Embossing Powder to give it a watermark look.  The stamp set I used is Flowering Flourishes (#126365). 
     Please post a comment and share when stepping outside your comfort zone produced something rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment