Wednesday, March 12, 2014

When in doubt…SMUDGE!



When I was working on this layout for my February Scrapbook Club I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to smudge (ink) all the pieces of paper or not.  It can be very time consuming.  So after much contemplating, I said to myself, “Self, when in doubt…SMUDGE!!”  After it was all said and done, I realized I made the right choice.  Smudging made it look just the way I wanted it to.  Yes, it took a little while to complete but was so worth the time and effort.    Sometimes when a project needs just a little “oomph”, smudging is the way to go. 

How about you?  Are you a smudge-aholic like me?


The circle under the word "Priceless" was made by using several drops of Tangerine Tango Re-inker diluted with water.  Then use an Aqua Painter dipped in the re-inker mixture and  "paint" a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper.  After using a heat tool to dry it, run it through the Big Shot with a Circle Framelit.  This picture does not do it justice. 

Stampin' Up! products used:

Paper: Venetian Romance DSP(130144); Silver Glimmer Paper(124005)
Cardstock:  Pistachio Pudding(131294); Soft Suede (115318); Island Indigo (122923); Very Vanilla(101650)
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge(130514)
Ink: Soft Suede (126978)
Big Shot: Circles Framelits (130911)
Embellishments: Rhinestones Basic Jewels (119246)

3 comments:

  1. Had lots of fun at class... Thank you for showing us how to change the color of the glitter paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I am a smudge-aholic AND case-addict... OMG! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Shannon. I am glad you had fun at class. We should color more of the glimmer paper. That is such a cool technique.

    ReplyDelete